Saturday, November 20, 2010

more pics of Sage and Ashlee





We made some sauerkraut last weekend and it is fermenting right now, that is what all the mess and jars are of. It has been a Halder family tradition forever so we bought a cabbage shredder this year and are keeping the tradition alive! It is one of our favorites. I also learned how to make soap! I friend of ours took a class and brought all her stuff to the farm and taught me how to make soap. We made a Milk and Honey batch using milk from the sheep and unpasteurized honey from my uncles bees. We added no fragrance so they smell like graham crackers ( probably from the honey ). They are sitting downstairs right now to cure for a few weeks so we will see how they turn out in a few weeks. I will try to post a pic of that too! Ash is enjoying his sister and I am learning valuable lessons on patience with two! And valuable lessons in "not getting anything done". We are all doing good though.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

yay!!! I love getting a new post so soon. you guys are soooo creative and resourceful - i wish we lived closer - for a thousand reasons - one of them being learning from you guys! Your kids are beautiful and I miss you.